Welcome to Brookover Farm’s website. Brookover farm is a Bed and Breakfast and Equestrian Centre located in Orchardleigh near Frome. We are situated away from any main road, in an peaceful location, yet only 10 minutes from Frome town centre. We have ensuite guest rooms comprising of family rooms, twin rooms and doubles. The accommodation also lends itself to companies looking for twin rooms for employees. Our Equestrian centre offers everything from Livery to Riding lessons, Hacking to Loan a pony events.
SANTA IS COMING TO BROOKOVER.
- Come to see Santa Claus at Brookiver in his truly homely Grotto where Santa will read a short story and children will receive a small gift. A short ride in the lit outdoor school for children or indoor if raining,
- TIMES AND DATES
- Wednesday 20th December 3 til 4 pm or 4 til 5 pm or 5 til 6pm
- Saturday 23rd December 3 til 4 pm or 4 til 5 pm or 5 til 6 pm
Drinks and food available – hot dogs sausage rolls and jacket potatoes available to eat. Cost £10.00 per child.
Come and have some fun with all the family
Take a look on our Equestrian page for suggested gifts for children with our Hour lessons £25 half hour £12.50 and Fun Pony Mornings £30 from 10 am til 3 pm novice to experienced welcome.
More details please call 07730357334 and to make a booking.
Brookover Riding School is celebrating its 40th Birthday this year and hope to see many past pupils celebrate at the farm. We hope to arrange this sometime in the summer.
Bed and Breakfast
Brookover Farm Bed and Breakfast is a farmhouse bed and breakfast in it’s truest sense. Comprising of guest rooms the property offers rustic charm and traditional cooked breakfast all from local produce.
Heather and her team aim to make your stay at the Bed and Breakfast as relaxing and Cosy as possible, please click on the “Bed & Breakfast” link at the top of the page to see recent photos of our rooms, along with details of our tarrifs and terms and conditions.
Located in Orchardleigh, close to Frome, the Bed and Breakfast is in an ideal location for sight seeing and visiting local attractions. See the section at the bottom of this page for an idea how close we are to where you may want to visit during your stay with us. We are also very close to the Orchardliegh House estate, so we are a perfect place to stay if going to a freind or Families wedding!
Brookover Farm provides excellent equestrian facilities from the beginner to the more experienced rider. The farm is home to many DIY liveries for clients wishing to keep their horses/ponies here and we can also provide full livery, enabling clients the peace of mind with busy lives that their horse or pony is well looked after, and if required, ridden to maintain fitness during the week days while clients are busy at work or at school. It is a very happy and thriving environment for both horse and rider.
With qualified staff we also provide riding lessons incorporating a variety of activities for children to enjoy. Although schooling is a large part of learning how to ride we also like to keep it fun by teaching pony games such as the Flag Race – Bending and Sock race etc. There is also hacking available around the farm without venturing out onto the road.
There is also a small cross country course for beginners and another course of 2.3ft to 2.6ft on the farm which runs alongside the river and woodland which offers a good variety of jumps and there is also an Outdoor School of 25 x 50 for schooling.
About Brookover Farm
Formally part of Orchardleigh Estate, Brookover Farm is an ideal place retreat from either busy city life or simply come to visit many local attractions. Brookover offers pony riding for children and mums may also wantto have a go too. Orchardleigh Golf Course just a mile away to have a game or Simply take walks to neighbouring villages of Mells and Beckington. The property is south facing with attractive gardens to both front and rear with beautiful views where you can watch the river flow past and the wildlife it attracts. Cream teas will be available in the gardens – please refer to relevant page for dates and times.
The Farm is set back from the main road & situated in a peaceful and quiet area so this gives our visitors time to relax and have a pleasant and peaceful stay and yet only 2 miles from the town centre of Frome.
As a family run business which has sheep, dogs and horses and of course hens for the free range eggs for breakfast – our aim is for all our guests to enjoy Brookover as much as we do during your stay with us and to take home fond memories.
What towns, villages and attractions are we close to?
Brookover Farm Bed and Breakfast is ideally situated for visiting towns and villages in the local area, here’s just a few we are close to :-
- Bath (The famous Roman City) – 11.3 miles, 26 minutes
- Bristol – 23.4 miles, 51 minutes
- Frome – 3.1 miles, 8 minutes
- Kilmersdon (Home of Jack and Jill Hill) – 7.3 miles, 15 minutes
- Midsomer Norton – 9.3 miles, 22 minutes
- Radstock – 7.91 miles, 17 minutes
- Shaftsbury – 25.9 miles, 43 minutes
- Shepton Mallett – 14.1 miles, 28 minutes
- Trowbridge – 8.7 miles, 21 minutes
- Warminster – 10.1 miles, 19 minutes
- Wells – 16.8 miles, 37 minutes
- Westbury – 12 miles, 22 minutes
- Cheddar Caves – 24.6 miles, 45 minutes
- Longleat – 6.8 miles, 17 minutes
- Orchardleigh House – In the Village!
- Orchardleigh Golf Club – In the Village!
- Stonehenge – 27 miles, 43 minutes
- Stourhead Gardens – 12 miles, 23 minutes
- Vobster Quay Inland Diving Centre – 4.5 miles, 10 minutes
- Wookey Hole – 19.5 miles, 38 minutes